Neil Peart Update: June 2013 - "Shunpikers in the Shadowlands"
Neil has posted a new update to his website for June 2013: "Shunpikers in the Shadowlands."
There's so much to like about this long update. Among the subjects Neil discusses:
- His friend Brutus, with whom he traveled on this leg and is recovering from "stupid" cancer. I was happy to read that Brutus is feeling better and that this "crucial test" of touring with Neil went well.
- A new story that Neil wrote during this leg for Motorcycle News called "Drummer With a Singletrack Mind"
- A review of the definition of "shunpiking"
- A visit to Amsterdam
- A visit Rothenburg
- Surviving the Cuban Missile Crisis
- A long discussion about the Rush song, "Heresy"
- A visit to Neuschwanstein
- Trying to keep up on the Autobahn
- Flooding in Southern Germany
- Fine dining in Dresden
- "Bone-jarring" roads in Poland
- A discussion of the Rush song "Red Sector A"
- Waiting in ferry lines and "The Yellow Vest" man
- Driving standards of Europe vs. North America
- Visiting southern Sweden and playing for 35,000 people
- Chatting with his daughter Olivia on an iPad (in the ferry line)
- Visiting Finland
And, as they say, much more.